Scope and Purpose
The goal of the Advisory Board is to ensure that the business of the Waterways Centre for Freshwater Management is consistent with New Zealand’s water resource management needs. Its purpose is to oversee and guide the Centre to ensure it operates in a manner consistent with delivering its vision.
The responsibilities of the Advisory Board are to
- Provide broad strategic advice on the direction, balance and relevance of the Centre's priorities;
- Provide advice on the effectiveness, relevance and quality of the work undertaken by the Centre;
- Provide a challenge function to ensure that the Centre acts in a manner consistent with its mandate and the needs of its stakeholders;
- Review and advise on emerging trends and opportunities in a regional, national and global context; and
- Support and promote the vision of the Centre.
Note that the Advisory Board is not responsible for the implementation of its advice. Neither has it authority or responsibility for managing or overseeing the Centre's operations or finances.
|John Bright||Aqualinc, Managing Director|
|Tim Davie||Environment Canterbury|
|Clive Howard-Williams||NIWA, General Manager- Freshwater|
|Scott Pearson||Fish and Game NZ|
|John Reid||Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu|
|Hugh Ritchie||Irrigation NZ, Board Member|
|Ken Taylor||Our Land and Water, National Science Challenge|